Recipe by Katie Mae
In the Midwest where I grew up, we didn’t have much variety when it came to fruits and vegetables. Most nights I was treated to frozen and thawed peas, corn or broccoli. No wonder I wasn’t a fan of veggies. Since moving to the west coast though, I am continually impressed by the beauty, aroma and flavor of fresh, organic produce. Now it seems, I can never have too many veggies. This Roasted Cauliflower Salad is one of my favorites, because it is simply prepared, making it easy to enjoy the essence of each veggie on its own.
Makes 6 servings
Ready in 40 minutes
Stores 6 days in fridge
- 2 heads of cauliflower, cut into florets
- ¼ cup low-sodium vegetable broth or water
- 1 tablespoon Mrs. Dash no-salt seasoning
- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
Lemon Tahini Dressing
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup tahini
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- ½ cup low-sodium vegetable broth or water
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1½ teaspoons garlic granules
- 1 teaspoon miso (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Line 2 sheet pans with parchment paper.
2. Coat cauliflower florets with ¼ cup of water or vegetable broth and ½ tablespoon Mrs. Dash no-salt seasoning. Spread cauliflower across 1 of the sheet pans with parchment paper. Roast in oven until brown and soft, about 15 to 20 minutes.
3. Coat carrots and onions in ¼ cup water or vegetable broth and ½ tablespoon Mrs. Dash no-salt seasoning. Roast in oven until soft, about 10 to 12 minutes.
4. Make the Lemon Tahini Dressing: In a blender, add tahini, lemon juice and zest, water, garlic granules and miso. Blend until creamy.
5. Toss cooked vegetables with dressing and parsley. Garnish with extra parsley.
Did you like this recipe? If so, please share it. Your voice matters in spreading the plant-based message and transforming our food system. Salud!