Whether you’re living the plant-based lifestyle or not, this quick and easy oil-free pizza sauce is definitely worth trying, and I’m sure your friends will think so, too! Trust me, you’ll all love it!
If you want a healthy and delicious pizza crust, check out my recipe for a plant-based and gluten-free pizza dough.
Makes 4 servings
Ready in 20 minutes
Stores 1 week in fridge
- ½ yellow onion, minced (about 3 oz)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced (1 teaspoon garlic granules)
- 3 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes, no oil added, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano (2 tablespoons fresh)
- 1 tablespoon dried basil (3 tablespoons fresh)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme (1 tablespoon fresh)
- 6 oz tomato paste, no salt added
- 1 cup water
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
1. In a large sauté pan over medium heat, add onions and cover with a lid. Cook for a couple minutes, stirring occasionally. Add garlic and sun-dried tomatoes and cook for a few more minutes.
2. Now add in dried herbs, tomato paste, and water. Switch over to a wire whisk and stir until combined. Reduce the heat to low-medium and simmer the sauce for 10 to 15 minutes before seasoning with black pepper to taste. If using fresh herbs add them shortly before sauce is done for more flavor.
3. Use right away, or pour in to a jar to cool and store in the fridge for a week.
Don’t forget to let your friends know about this recipe…you’re not the only one who loves homemade pizza!